This book by Arundhati Roy was what caused controversy at lunch today. It delves into the societal values of a foreign country and the contemporaneous issues faced?... NO actually I haven't read this book, but according to Arabi and Jasmine, its an awesome read even though there are some parts which ummm are really blatantly stated.
And it delves into the intimate details of the sex between the two characters. Geheh, like really really intimate, after Arabi showed me it, I was like I'm not in the mood to read, and I think Portia suggested Arabi to read it out loud. HARARAA...... Like seriously, soo bad, I think the guys playing football on the oval heard us.... "His wetness wet her." It was really really intricately detailed, and like the language used matched the sensual atmosphere of the action of what was taking place. Haha, must have sound like a bunch of perverts.
But I guess it was slightly disturbing but interesting? Like two characters from two different classes which were not supposed to be together like Jack and Rose from Titanic and the love they created regardless of the societal restrictions..... an almost fairytale ending except this guy ends up getting killed when wrongly accused of raping the girl when in fact it was consensual.
Oh well, I had fun tonight. Dancing (: keheheh, white horse, there's this funny part where we pretend to go wild and ride horses!
x.
No comments:
Post a Comment