Sunday, July 12, 2009

12th July- holidays!

I spent yesterday looking at houses.
gahh and lookiing at bus routes.
and I also worked a bit on my english speech.
Recently I read this really awesome book by Melina Merchetta yet again. This is an amazing read. It was so confusing and it wasn't until I finished the clues and the parts of the jigsaw puzzle put together. Basically its about five childhood friends from different groups, i.e. the Cadets and the Townies and the Schoolies?... They play a game called the territory wars. So its set twenty years in the future which is the present... And the "territory wars" are about to begin... Its really confusing but there's the touch of romance and realisation in Merchetta's book. It made me cry.
Like in the part where Jonah Griggs the tank Cadet says the only reason he didn't commit suicide was because of Taylor... the girl who supposedly killed Fitz, the hermit. Yes, its pretty random but you get sucked into it. Literally...
"to find a place where they belong, or long to be."


Another book I read is Head Games by Mariah Fredericks. It's a typical teenage romance book with a cyber twist.Two people who live in like the same apartment realise they share this craze for online games... And when one of them breaks the rules they both quit the game. They meet to create their own game. Not to mention the guy is a supposed drug addict and the girl is like some academic. But the guy turns out to be really deep. He helps Judith overcome her fear of the street where she got assaulted and he explains to her she's smart...
"There's different kinds of intelligence. There's school, that's smart. Then there's creativit, and that's ...brightness. Being bright. I'm that. And then there's intelligent, which is kind of like the two combined.I'm only somewhat intelligent. Very few people are all three. You're all three."

And the final one is "Alchemy" by Margaret Mahy. This is probably the most random out of these three. It talks of spells and magic but not like in the all witch and wizards hahaha I have a wand way. Its more like in the spirital way and by controlling and reading into someone's thoughts.. and hearing voices. No, this is not a book for loony people. So Roland who's like the perfect role model is blackmailed by a teacher for being caught stealing from a shop. This leads to him talking a girl..Tatata, love. Not really Jess Ferret has ghosts within ..literally and this leads to Roland's fascination and obsession with her. And what exactly does the teacher want?...And whatever happened to Roland's dad?...Its good. But in this book there was this really powerful poem written by William Blake.. funnily enough in Brett Whiteley's Alchemy artwork, there's a photo of Blake.
Here's the poem:
"To see a World in a grain of snad
And Heaven in a wild flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in a hour."
Well, you can draw comparisons to these books. All of these have a scene where the characters kiss. But in the end the lovers are always parted. And this shows the true essence of teenage romance... but they aren't like parted forever, its more like a temporary thing... mehhh... I just like reading about romances in books. Reality however comes tumbling down crashing back on you as you finish the last few pages.



issy x

No comments:

Post a Comment