Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Berries




Does eating berries make you fart?
hahaha you don't want to know


heheh,
cos I chucked in soome raspberries, mulberries,blueberries and grapes, crushed them into a mush
and ate it (; I wish, I looked soooo dodgy soo I added some icecream and milk. BERRY MILKSHAKE (:
yum yum 
here's some cool stuff about berries.
-good fibre
-antioxidants


Strawberries contain more vitamin C in a one-cup serving than one orange, and are particularly high in folic acid.
How to serve: Top with Cool Whip Lite for a low-calorie dessert or dip in melted low-fat brie cheese.

Blueberries contain 20 types of anthocyanin – antioxidants that give berries their blue-violet and red colors. Other berries contain only three to four.
How to serve: Toss a handful on cereals and yogurt, blend into smoothies or put on a bagel with cream cheese.

Blackberries, Raspberries, Boysenberries each contains 8 g of fiber in one cup, one-third the daily recommended amount (25 g).
How to serve: Blend them with 100-percent fruit juice and heat to make a sauce for lean meats, like fish and chicken.
Cranberries not only combat urinary tract infections by preventing Escherichia coli bacteria from sticking to cells in the urinary tract, but they also are a natural probiotic, supporting healthy bacteria that grow in the gastrointestinal tract and aiding in digestion.
How to serve: Add a cup of fresh or frozen cranberries to bread recipes. Toss dried cranberries in salads or trail mixes. -
http://www.arthritistoday.org/nutrition-and-weight-loss/healthy-eating/good-food/berries-benefits.php

yum yum.
YUH YUH, sooooooon gahhh
:/





x.

No comments:

Post a Comment