Saturday, October 29, 2011

Art for art's sake



yay,
DAY 30-
what changed this month or couple of months...
hahaahaaha, my face.

Hmmm. we're in yr 12 now.
Sense of impending dooom if I don't get work done. ahahaha... not much has changed but when you do look back, you see how hhmmm Ben 10 was a pretty coool show you watched and you no longer watch it because of upcoming exam.GAHHHHHH

I'm more in touch with myself. sounds somewhat pedophilic, as in , I know my limits and weaknesses and how to surpass them, hopefully. And I reckon I'm not as resistant to change as I use to be. Like I like routine, but I guess I'm not as like ARRGGGHH change .

YAY, almost finished essay, then impending doom of flute exam.

Art's a funny thing. It's so subjective, yet its changed over the years in regards to exhibition and promoting of oneself as an artist. It use to be like getting into the prestigious exhibitions in Paris, in which the Impressionists were full hard core and opened their own exhibition because their works challenged the view of art at that time. Now its like art can be anything, thanks to our good friend Duchamp and his readymades. Urinals, seriously?
And the idea preceding over the form itself, smart, mind blowing, so what is art? Hirst and his dead animals.... and how art transcends beyond the gallery and appropriates pop culture and vice versa with performance art and its likeness to Gaga's costumes...

Yeah, what is art...



tis, why I have an idea for major work, but well it's non-existent in form..
LOL that should be "it"...


No comments:

Post a Comment