Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Recap, Revitalise.


Yesterday was fun!


gahaha,


station manager.






I have been reading lately (:

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.

Never actually finished reading a "classic" book before. In fact never , actually got addicted to keep reading them. This book is pretty interesting. Contains paragraphs that really make you think.



"Because to influence a person is to give him one's own soul. He does not think his natural thoughts, or burn his natural passions. His virues are not real to him. His sins if there aresuch things as sins, are borrowed. He becomes an echo of someone else's music, an actor of a part that has not been written for him. The aim of life is self-development. To realise one's nature perfectly- that is what each of us is here for. People are afraid of themselves, nowadays."



"Nothing remains then but the recollection of pleasure, or the luxury of regret."


"Experience has no ethical value. It was merely the name men gave to their mistakes."



So now I up to chapter 5 (:




Soo I guess I've many mistakes which have turned into "experiences" but reading this book does make me ponder on them. Wilde gives really direct opinions on life and art and the mind, its really hard to take it all in. Second time reading I guess will allow for more understanding.




" We've always misunderstood ourselves and rarely understood others."




gahhh, you'd think through all your experiences you'd be able to find yourself, understand and learn.


I admit I haven't. I'm still searching..


that's all.















No comments:

Post a Comment